There is a constant change in the landscape of digital marketing and the year 2020 is going to be no exception. Thus, it is always beneficial to have the knowledge of the upcoming trends, so that you can always stay ahead of the competition. So, today, in order to help you with that, we are going to discuss the top trends digital marketing is expected to follow in the year 2020. If your digital marketing strategy is out of sync with the trends, you are doing nothing but repeating the obsolete strategies. You would be completely unaware of the latest marketing trends, but your competitors and audience won’t and that may lead to loss of business. To save you from such an aftermath, here’s the list of trends that you should include in your digital marketing strategies.
Apart from the emerging trends, there are certain ongoing trends that are going to be in vogue. Let’s have a quick look on them:
- Chatbots: A personal assistance without any personnel; 2020 technologies are going to revive chatbots, further making them more helpful, popular and convincing
- Voice Searches: With more and more people using Siri and Alexa, SEO will move further towards voice searches that would be based on the keywords that people speak not type.
- Video Marketing: Video hosting was never this easy. Every consecutive year is witnessing more and more success in branding online videos.
Now, let’s jump on to the main topic of the article. So, here are the trends:
- Social Commerce: Social commerce can be defined as buying or selling products through various social media platforms ads or posts; in other words, you don’t have to visit any site or shopping app. Though this isn’t something new, but since the launch of Instagram Checkout in this year, this trend is getting a lot of attention. The major goal of social commerce is to decrease the steps for customers, and this also decreases the sales abandonment.
- Direct Messaging: In order to create a more personal connect with customers, several brands are opting of conversing with their clients through DMs. To streamline customer service and providing customers with assistance in sales, direct messaging is becoming quite popular. Global brands are finding it quite exciting to use DM for several purposes like addressing issues, taking orders or simply taking a review.
- Micro Influencers: Micro-influencers are medium sized influencers with a very narrow segment, big enough to be influencer and small enough to be in touch with their followers without overloading with sponsorships. Moreover, they have a better engagement as compared to big influencers.
- Sentiment Analysis: Sentiment analysis or social learning is something that has become the need of the hour as the competition is growing fiercer and customers are becoming highly informed. This analysis can be described as the analysis of customer’s reactions on various online platforms. This process involves various data collecting tools and algorithms to collect online responses for your brand, product or service and further evaluating them.
With that being said, these are some of the trends that most digital marketing companies are looking forward to. Want to know more about this? Then, stay tuned with us.